Thursday, September 9, 2010

5 months old (1 month adjusted)


We are all home again.  Camdyn was able to come home on Monday evening from the hospital.  We did come home with oxygen and a pulse oximeter to measure her saturations.  Since we have been home, she is only requiring 1/16 to 1/32 of a liter.  That is very low.  We will follow up with the pulmonologist in 2 weeks to see if she will be ready to come off of the oxygen.  She has made great progress with her bottles.  She now takes 2 bottles by mouth and then 1 gavage feed.  She has been taking her entire bottle lately.  I am so excited about that!  At the pediatrician appt. today, she weighed in at 8 lbs. 13 oz.  Yeah!

Cade is doing well.  We have his swallow study in about 2 more weeks.  At his appt. today, he weighed in at 11 lbs.  He is still under the normal growth chart, but he is trying hard to get up there.  To me, he looks huge!

The babies are now 5 months old (1 month adjusted).  That always sounds so weird.  I guess it probably will for a long time.  They are amazing me every day.  They have already come so incredibly far.

I finally have a lot of pictures to post.  Most of these were taken in the past 2 weeks. 

Here is a picture of our first stroll.  I squeezed all 3 kiddos into the double stroller.  This was our first outing that was not a doctor's appointment.


I thought this was so cute.  They were sleeping just the same.


Brenna kissing Cade.  Cade was all dressed up in his "big boy" clothes for his ENT appointment.


Camdyn dressed up in her "little black dress".


Here's another set of comparison pictures.  Camdyn was the size of this diaper (size 1 diaper) when she was born.  Now she is wearing a size 1 diaper.  Pretty amazing!



This is a picture of what we use in one day - 15-20 diapers, vitamins, iron, aminophylline (no longer use now), 16 bottles, 2 feeding pumps, and now we have added an oxygen tank and pulse ox which we will hopefully get rid of in the next few weeks.

Taking care of my twins is sort of like being a full-time nurse.  I have so many job titles now.  I have my real job of running a dance studio and teaching classes plus all my new jobs - nurse, therapist, and baby secretary.  I think I need to hire a secretary to keep up with all of their appointments.  Here's an example of my secretarial to-do list: call to schedule Cade's swallow study (already called twice and the docs haven't sent the orders), call the ENT if they still haven't sent it, call to schedule Camdyn's follow-up pulmonologist appt., call ECI for the tenth time to get an occupational therapist to come to the house, call Social Security to check on benefits, call insurance company to go over claims.  It's a never-ending list, but the babies are so worth it!


Since we don't go anywhere, I have to show off their cute car seat covers on here.  Brenna also has one for her toddler car seat that matches Camdyn's but with hot pink trim.


Below are pictures of Camdyn in the hospital.  She had so many monitors on her chest and an IV in her foot.  It was very sad to see her with all this stuff again.  They did so much to her that her little arms were bruised.  It makes me sad just thinking about it.


Look how cute she is hugging the little duckie that the hospital gave her.  What a sweetheart!


I know this is not the best picture, but I was trying to take a picture, hold her, and get her to keep smiling.  This was in the hospital.  Talk about having a great attitude - she was giving me the cutest smiles during her hospital stay. 


"Who put me in this pink princess chair?  Daaadddd - HELP!  I'm really outnumbered here when you go to work."


Cade: "Sissy, I'm so glad you're home.  I really missed you."

(Notice Cade's long eyelashes.  He stole them all from Camdyn.  She has tiny little eyelashes.  I love looking at Cade's long eyelashes and think about how their eyes were still fused shut with no lashes and barely any eyebrows yet when they were born and just marvel at how far they have come.)

No comments: