Monday, August 26, 2013

First Day of First Grade

Today was Brenna's first day of 1st grade.  She was very ready to go back to school.  She loves being with all of her friends and was getting a bit tired of hanging out with her little brother and little sister all day.  It was definitely time for school to start!

Cade (3), Brenna (6), and Camdyn (3)


Ready for the first day of first grade!
 

She went right in, sat down at her table, and started coloring.  I gave her a hug and told her I would see her after school.  She started to get quiet, and I thought tears might start soon, but instead, Camdyn burst into tears.  I think that threw Brenna off.  Instead of her crying, she was consoling Camdyn saying, "It's okay, I'll see you right after school."  How sweet is that?
 

I carried Camdyn out of the room in tears with her repeating, "My want sissy!"  It was pretty sad, and being the awesome parent that I am, I put her down so I could get a picture of this great face!


Brenna said she had a great first day.  She told me her teacher was nice, and she has friends in her class.  Looks like it's going to be a great year (if Camdyn can just get used to the idea of Sissy going to school)!

1 comment:

Isabella said...

Awwwwww! Sissys are the best. I think my littles are also missing our big sis. Sofie this week yelled "No School!" when we dropped her off.