Monday, July 12, 2010

14 weeks old

Here's my sweet baby boy. He is filling out so much. He was supposed to be doing tummy time, but he decided to take a nap instead.

Here's my little sweet pea. She is slowly growing but still very tiny. I think she looks so cute in this little polka dot preemie outfit.

Brenna giving her "girl baby" (as she calls her) kisses. So sweet!


Here's Daddy holding both of our little sweet bundles.
Update:
Cade and Camdyn are now 38 weeks gestation or 14 weeks old. They are still in the same crib together, and it is so cute. They are always cuddled up together. I love seeing them together.
Cade now weighs 6 lbs 1 oz, and Camdyn weighs 4 lbs 7 oz. Cade is under the 50th percentile in weight now, and Camdyn is under the 10th percentile in weight. They changed their formula content to a 30 calorie formula. They mix 1/2 of that with 1/2 of breast milk. I have plenty of breast milk for them, but breast milk is only 20 calories per ounce. The combination gives them about 25 calories per ounce. It must be working because they both gained 3 oz. since last night! Usually, Camdyn only gains .5 to 1 oz. and Cade gains 1 oz. to 2 ozs. I can't believe Cade is now 6 lbs !
They both were seen by speech therapy today to work on feeding. They have had trouble with taking bottles. They did well today and are now allowed to get 1 bottle per day again. Hopefully, since they are a little older, they will start being able to coordinate the suck, swallow, breathe pattern.
They have follow up eye exams this week, and they may have hearing screens - Camdyn's first and Cade's follow up. Other than that, they will just be working on learning to eat and growing.

God, we thank you for all the accomplishments the babies have made. I am still amazed that they are completely off oxygen and so very thankful for that. We pray for another round of good eye exams. We pray that they both are able to pass their hearing screens. We ask that they will soon figure out how to eat orally. I pray for patience as I am getting very tired of having my babies in the NICU and want them to come home with me. In your name, Amen.


1 comment:

Stacey (Muras) Kloesel said...

Michelle, I just came across your blog today after discovering it somewhere in facebook and am reading your family's story of your two babies. They are beautiful and I pray that they will continue growing and thriving.