Tuesday, December 7, 2010

8 Months Old (4 months adjusted)

12/7

The babies are now 8 months old.  It's almost hard to believe.  This has been such a long, strange journey that I don't even know what to make of time anymore.  It feels like they have been home with us for a long time now like they have always been here which is a wonderful feeling, but they haven't even been home with us for as long as they were in the NICU yet.  We have one more month to go before they have been at home for as long as they were in the hospital.  One year ago (12/8) was the day we found out we were having twins.  We knew when the doctor told us "You're having twins!" that our lives were about to really change, but we had no idea just how much they would change in only 4 months from that time. 

Brenna with Cade and Camdyn.  Cade and Camdyn's outfits say "Whooo's the cutest?" with little owls.  When I received them as a shower gift, I remember thinking that they would never fit into these outfits.  At the time, they were wearing preemie clothes and these are size 6 months, and just look at them!


Granny holding Camdyn (Camdyn's great-granny)


 Camdyn can now really "play" Polly Pockets with her big sister.  Okay, so maybe she can't play, but she has a good hold on the polly.  She is trying her hardest.


bath time - so cute!


These are my two new favorite photos (above and below).  I just love dressing the babies in coordinating outfits, and Brenna is such a good big sister.  Although she did tell me to hurry because the babies were too heavy!  Imagine that!


blue-eyed cuties


what a doll!


Camdyn just had too rough of a day.  I found her sleeping while sitting straight up in her bumbo chair sucking her thumb. 



ready for Christmas!!!


Below are some pictures with Daddy.  He is such a great Daddy. 

Daddy covered in babies.


Daddy reading a bedtime story.

Camdyn cuddles with Daddy at Aunt BB's house on Thanksgiving.


Updates:

I don't have new weights for the babies because luckily we have not had to go to the pediatrician in a while.  We went from going every week in the beginning to every two weeks to now once a month.  We go this week, so I'll post new weights and other info. soon.

Camdyn - Camdyn is now laughing!  It is the most precious thing I have ever heard.  We were so excited to hear her laugh for the first time.  We couldn't believe our ears.  We were out on the deck grilling and Jim had just went inside to get something from the kitchen.  Brenna was dancing around when Camdyn started to laugh.  I yelled, "Brenna, go get Daddy!"  I think I scared her because I was so excited.  Jim came running out and we just marveled at her laughter.  It was such a joyous moment.  When you wait 6 weeks to hear your baby's first cry, you get pretty excited to hear their first laugh.  Camdyn is now rolling all over the place too.  She can push up well laying on her tummy, and she loves for you to hold her hands to stand up.  She likes to bounce when she is standing.  I think she is dancing.  Our most important accomplishment with Camdyn lately is that she will now take a bottle in 30 minutes fairly easily most of the time.  We changed formulas and that made all the difference.  We no longer have to hold her down and force her to drink a bottle for over an hour each time.  I am so glad we do not have to do that anymore. 

Cade - Cade has started to make little cooing/laughing sounds too.  He is smiling all the time now.  He is so much more laid back than Camdyn.  He likes to just watch her as she rolls around.  Cade loves playing with toys now.  He has also recently started standing when we hold his hands.  Before that, he wouldn't put weight on his legs so I was really excited to see that he can now do this.  Now, he stands really well.  He can also prop sit which means he can sit when he puts his arms in between his legs to balance himself.  He has made a lot of developmental progress in the last few weeks.  Cade now loves to hold a little blankie.  It is so sweet!  He has made some progress with sucking/swallowing.  He will now accept the bottle nipple and take a few sucks and swallows without gagging or coughing.  If he gets too much, he will still cough and gag though.  The amount is very minimal, but at least, it is a little progress.  We go to the GI on Friday to discuss getting a g-tube.  We are hoping he will be able to make more progress once he gets that awful ng tube out of his nose.

God - We thank you for sending us these little miracles.  We are so thankful that we have all managed to stay well so far, and we ask that you keep us all healthy.  We thank you for the progress that the babies have made and ask that you continue to strengthen them.  We ask that you let all of our upcoming doctor's and therapy appointments go well.  We thank you for putting such wonderful people in our lives who have supported us and continue to support us.  In your name we pray, Amen.

2 comments:

Bridget Brandt said...

When this all happened I questioned whether "God" really existed. I grew up in the church, but my practical side has always made me wonder. I prayed anyway though, b/c you never know. Then I stopped because it was simply too hard to even think about, and as I saw Michelle quickly becoming worse and worse...I became angry. About 4 weeks ago I got a sign and went to church...the entire lesson was centered around the power of hope and God. We discussed that the only ways to appreciate blessings is to value the challenge they were before. Needless, to say my faith is now stronger than ever as I now know how truly wonderful our little miracles are. I thank God for them every day, and pray they continue on the miraculous path they are now on!

Liza said...

You've got yourself a little model and a handsome football player (I love the helmet!). Tell Brenna she is such a wonderful big sister, too.