Sunday, August 21, 2011

I have a toddler!


Camdyn has this walking thing down!  I figured it wouldn't take her long to really get going once she started.  She is still a little wobbly, but she is quickly beginning to prefer walking to crawling.  I think that means I have a toddler!

I still haven't had a chance to get Cade taking his few steps.  I need someone to video while I have him walk to me.  He is feeling much more confident standing without holding on to anything.  I don't think it will be too long for him to really start walking now that he sees Camdyn doing it all the time.  Soon, I will have two toddlers!  I best get my running shoes on.

I'm a bit surprised that they are both walking so early.  I didn't think it would happen for a few more months.  They are 16 months but only 12 months adjusted.  Due to their extremely early arrival, we were led to believe they might not walk until 18-24 months.  At the beginning, walking at any age was a question depending on the severity of their brain bleeds.  Fortunately, they both only had grade II bleeds.  We are so blessed that it has not greatly affected their motor skills.  It has been so much fun lately watching them meet new milestones and watching their personalities develop. 

I hate to say it, but I'm finally getting to enjoy them without constantly worrying about everything (appointments, insurance, oral aversions, feeding struggles, etc.).  I feel really normal now, or as "normal" as anyone else with a pre-schooler and one year old twins!

1 comment:

Sarah Pope said...

That's amazing! She caught on SO quick! It took Samuel ages and ages to get balanced enough to walk! I'm sure Cade will be right behind her. :)