Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A Mighty Fine Time

We went out for dinner on the twins' birthday at Mighty Fine Burgers.  They have a great outdoor playscape and patio.  I thought that would be where they would choose for their birthday dinner if they could tell me.  My sister, brother-in-law, and niece and nephew also joined us.  I couldn't help but think of them laying in isolettes with breathing tubes as tiny one pound babies and marvel at how they were now climbing the playscape, sliding with their cousins, and eating burgers and cupcakes.  Amazing!  I have so much for which to be grateful. 
 

Cade sliding with his cousin, Brylee


Camdyn playing peek-a-boo on the playground.  She is saying "boo" here.


Time for burgers and cupcakes.


Cade trying to blow out his candles.


Camdyn with her cupcake.


Camdyn enjoyed playing with her cupcake.


Cade loved his cupcake and made a huge mess with it! 


Crazy Aunt BB with Camdyn.  (I'm not sure who had more breakdowns on their birthday - me or Aunt BB.  She called me to wish them a Happy Birthday first thing in the morning and left a tearful message I could hardly understand.  I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful family who have been just as invested in the journey or our former micro-preemies as I have.) 


Helping Cade up the ladder.  He thinks he can do it by himself, so I have to try to make sure he isn't attempting it without me knowing.


Camdyn and Mommy.  Look at that happy smile!  She also thinks she can do everything by herself.  My brave little babies make it hard to take them to the park safely.


How sweet is this?  Cade, my lovey boy, is ready to give kisses to his twin sister, but unfortunately, she wants nothing to do with his kisses.  I guess he should just save all those kisses for Mommy!


1 comment:

Marcie said...

Looks like a fun time was had by all! I think I may have said this before, but your children have beautiful eyes.