Saturday, July 7, 2012

July 4th!

Will I do this at every holiday from now on?  Think about where we were 2 yrs ago, 3 yrs ago, 4 yrs ago, and so on?  I'm pretty sure I will, and I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing.  The flashbacks are becoming fewer and less invasive these days.  It seems that I am now able to pull them up at will.  Occasionally, some traumatic memories will still show up unexpectedly, but for the most part, I'm able to live in the moment and look back when I choose.  On the 4th, I thought back to when the twins were in the NICU.   As I passed isolettes on my way to bed 23 and 24, it was like a little July 4th parade of NICU babies.  The nurses had covered all the babies with handmade flag blankets.  They all looked so patriotic! 

Camdyn and Cade were 3 months old in the NICU for their first 4th of July.  They were off of ventilators, CPAP, and cannula by this time.  They both had ng tubes.  Aren't they so sweet here?


2 years later - healthy little toddlers playing in the pool of the slip-n-slide.  It doesn't get any better than that, folks!


We had friends over for a 4th of July party.  The kids all had a blast playing in the sprinkler and slip-n-slide.  Classic summer fun!



I found this cute idea on Pinterest to make firework paintings.  I twisted pipe cleaners into firework shapes, poured paint on paper plates, and let the kids stamp fireworks onto their paper.  It was a bit messy but lots of fun.  I think they turned out pretty cute too.




I made these fruit and sponge cake skewers for our party too.  


We all sat out on our back deck and watched fireworks at night.  It was a great way to spend the 4th - with family and friends.

No comments: