Sunday, December 16, 2012

Ellie the Elf

We have had constant illness in our house lately.  I think at least one of my kids has been sick since October.  We've had 4 cases of strep throat (Daddy included), 4 infected ears, chest congestion, and wheezing/respiratory infection. The girls have both had two different courses of antibiotics, and Cade was on the nebulizer every 4-6 hours for about two weeks.  Our last two winters were relatively healthy.  I'm sure that had a great deal to do with isolation.  I expected some sickness when the twins started pre-school and Brenna started kindergarten, but I didn't know it would be so constant.  I'm not complaining though because no one has had to be hospitalized, so if they can continue to get well with antibiotics/nebulizer, then I feel like they are finally building some immunity.  They are all well now, so hopefully they can continue to be well through Christmas.

I saw an elf with a nebulizer on Facebook and thought it would be so perfect for our Elf, Ellie, since our kids have been so sick. 


I just got our stockings embroidered and decided that Ellie should be busy at work since she was feeling better.  You can't see it in the picture, but she is holding a needle like she has been busily embroidering our names on our stockings.


Ellie brought the kids a little elf present - some adorable elf pajamas!

No comments: