Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy, Boring New Year!

If you read the previous posts about Cade's evil ng tube, then you know that our New Year's Eve was rather stressful with Cade coughing out his tube, Jimmy having to drive back home to reinsert it, me worrying constantly, and finally Jimmy getting back just in time to ring in the New Year.  After all of this, I asked Jimmy if he thought 2011 was going to be better for us.  Before I let him answer, I said, "It has to be!"  He replied without thinking twice, "I can't say 2010 was that bad."  I looked at him like he was crazy!  Then he said, "We got two beautiful babies, you have a job, I have a job, and we got a new house.  The way I see it 2011 is probably going to be pretty boring!"  He is succint; I am verbose.  It took me over 100 posts on this blog and who knows how many words to say what he said in just two sentences.  So here's a cheers to boring!  I wish you all a Happy, Boring New Year.  May it not have any of the "excitement" of our past year.  Forget the New Year's resolutions that you probably won't keep anyway.  Resolve to celebrate all the everyday, mundane "boring" aspects that make up your life and be grateful for them. 


Happy New Year!

(Cade looks very mad at me for putting yet another dumb hat on his head.)

No comments: