Tuesday, January 18, 2011

More Christmas

1/18/2010


We are still celebrating Christmas around here.  In fact, we still have one more Christmas to go to at the end of the month.  I have not updated pics in a while, so here are a few.


Mommy and Camdyn


Twins X 2

So everyone always asks if twins run in my family, and I guess I now have to say yes.  You mostly hear that twins run on the maternal side; however, the only other twins in our family are on my dad's side.  The twins in the picture next to ours are Avery and Bailey.  They are Lindsay's, my first cousin on my dad's side.  They are also fraternal twins even though they look identical.  Fraternal twins are hereditary; identical twins are not.  Fraternal twins are hereditary because of a hereditary trait for the mother to release more than one egg at a time.  Both eggs get fertilized and boom - you have twins!  That is why it is considered to be a trait along the maternal line; however, some research says that the father, although he would not have twins himself unless it were because of his wife, can pass the hereditary trait on to his daughters.  I wish I could find a definitive answer on the accuracy of this.  We could also just wait and see because on my dad's side, my grandmother has 7 granddaughters.  Of the 7 of us, 3 of us have had kids; 2 of the 3 of us have twins.  Among the 3 of us, we have 6 girls and only 2 boys.  That leaves 5 more granddaughters who have not yet had kids and 6 great-granddaughter so far.  I can't wait to see if more twins appear in our family line even though I will be a nervous wreck if any of them announce they are having twins!


both sets of twins with their big sisters
Brenna, Cade, Camdyn, Avery, Bailey, Lexie


This is about as close as we can get to a good family picture.  We really need to work on getting a decent family picture.


Camdyn loved the paper.  She liked tearing it up in tiny pieces and eating it.


 Cade on Aunt Megan's lap opening a present with Aunt Ellen.


Camdyn sitting on her own for a few seconds.


Camdyn showing what a big girl she is.


Cade smiling and giggling.  What a cutie!


 Camdyn cuddling up to Cade.  She always cuddles up next to him.  It is so sweet most of the time. I woke up one morning to her crying loudly.  I went to see what the problem was and found Cade laying on her arm and her trying to get it unstuck.  She is going to have to watch out or her brother is going to squash her.


Look at this sweetness.  She helped Mommy decorate the living room with tissue paper everywhere in little torn up, slobbered-on pieces.  She was so proud of her work.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Thanks for sharing- could you send me the pictures? Gotta get copies made- I love them!!! :)

Glad all is well and it was nice seeing everyone Sunday.