Thursday, January 27, 2011

I HATE appointments!

I absolutely HATE going to doctor's and therapy appointments.  It's all we do.  Lately, they have all been pissing me off (except Dr. Cohen's office, our pediatrician).  I like them a lot.  Everyone else, I hate!

Today, we were supposed to have a therapy appointment at 10:00.  I wake up at 8:00 after going to bed at 2:00 AM to get everyone ready.  Pump the boobs, feed the babies, get all 3 kids dressed, get Brenna breakfast, pack a diaper bag, start loading them in the car at 9:15 AM, check my phone, realize the therapy place called.  I check the message and they tell me I have missed my appt. They say it was at 8 AM.  I know this is not true.  The lady told me that if I wanted them to be seen last week, they could see me at 8AM.   I asked if she had anything else because that was really early for us.  She said if we wanted to wait until this week, we could be seen at 10:00 AM.  I guess she didn't write it down correctly.  Easy mistake for her.  Then of course, all the doctors like to use the word "reschedule" as if that is the easiest thing in the world.  It's so easy for them.  All they have to do is write me down at another time.  For me, it means going through the long routine of getting everyone out the door once again!

A few weeks ago at Cade's ENT appointment, I completely lost it.  Our appointment time was at 11:30 AM.  We get there at 11:31 AM.  The receptionist tells me that we will have to reschedule (there's that evil word again) because we were "late".  I told her to look at the clock; it was 11:31.  I asked her if she was serious?  She, in that too sweet receptionist tone that makes me want to scream, said, "I'm sorry but the doctor was called to surgery and since you were "late", you will have to reschedule."  Instead of calling us to tell us the doctor had been called to surgery, they just let us drive downtown for 45 minutes with 9 month old twins and a 3 year old.  At that point, I just lost it.  I told her in my not-so-sweet voice, "You mean to tell me that you can not honor an appointment because I was 1 minute late!  That is absolutely crazy.  Do you have any idea what it is like to have micro-preemies?  No, I'm sure you don't.  Do you know what it is like to go to 20 appointments or more per month?  No, I'm sure you don't.  You can tell me to reschedule like it is the easiest thing in the world.  Well, it's not easy to get my micro-preemies and 3 yr old here.  It takes us two hours to get ready and get here.  This is absolutely ridiculous"  By this time, I was crying and fuming.  Luckily for them, Jim was at this appt. with me and he told me to go wait in the hallway.  That was good for them because I was just seconds away from crawling right over that counter and wringing someone's neck!

The worst part is that I feel like I have no control when they piss me off.  I would just go to another place, but I actually like the doctors; I just hate their office staff.  Why are they all so incompetent?

As soon as I think that we are getting to a point of having fewer appointments, something else comes up.  At the GI yesterday, he told us we need to schedule an upper GI and a gastric emptying test for Cade just to make sure everything is working correctly after the surgery.  That's 2 more appointments to add to the list.  Soon, I will have to add a psychiatrist appointment to the list for myself!

No comments: