Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Birthday Party & Sea World

 Saturday morning we went to a birthday party for some of our triplet friends and NICU buddies, Wesley, Andy, and Natalie.  It was a wonderful party at a play place with a face painter and balloon artist.  They even had a lady making home-made play dough.  My kids had a blast and did not want to leave at the end of the party. 

Brenna had a butterfly painted on her face which she absolutely loved.  You can tell by the smile!


Camdyn wanted a turn next.  I think she mostly enjoyed sitting in the big chair.  I had the lady paint her hand.  When she finished painting her hand, Camdyn put her other hand out for it to be painted too. 


After the fun birthday party, we headed to San Antonio for the weekend.  Our cheerleading team from my studio was competing at Sea World.  They won 1st place!  I was really excited to bring the twins along this year.  I knew they were going to love it, and they did.

When we first arrived, we went to check out the dolphins.  Here Camdyn is waving at the dolphins.  How cute!  I think we have mastered the word "fish" after this weekend.  We called everything from dolphins to sharks to whales to sting rays to fish "fish".  Everything was either "big fish" or "little fish".


Camdyn and Cade looking in the aquarium (and licking on the glass)!


Camdyn and Cade rode a carousel for the first time.  Cade cried when he had to get off.  


Camdyn enthralled with the dolphin show.


Brenna on the carousel.


I was so impressed by how my "babies" were such big kids.  Not that long ago, they wouldn't even go through a tunnel on the ground at therapy.  At Sea World, they loved going through these net tunnels that were 15 feet high!  I still can't believe it.  I was scared.  I was so proud of them for being so adventurous.



Brenna was proud of herself for going on this ride all by herself.  She also rode her first big ride.  She and I along with cousin Colin rode Journey to Atlantis, a water coaster ride that drops down from way high up and splashes you at the bottom.  I thought she was going to cry, but instead she loved it.  We rode it two times before the park closed.


We stopped for a quick picture before climbing up the netting to go through the tunnels. 


It was a great weekend.  The kids are still tired from the weekend though.  They have been sleeping a lot.  I am having so much fun with the twins now that we are able to get out of the house and do things.  I love watching them discover the world around them.




No comments: