Friday, May 25, 2012

Brenna's Pre-School Graduation

It feels like just yesterday that I was dropping Brenna off for her first day of school this year.  She had gone to school when she was 2-3 yrs old.  Then the twins were born, and our world was turned upside down.  We decided to keep her out of school the first year the twins were home from the hospital.  We couldn't risk her bringing home any viruses with the twin's compromised immune systems.  By the time this year rolled around, she was ready to go back to school.  Here's a picture of her so excited on the first day sporting her new backpack.


When she realized Mommy was leaving, this is the face that happened.  It made it really hard for me to leave with those big tears rolling down her cheeks.  She continued to cry every time I left for about the first month.  I felt so bad about that.  I knew it was because we had kept her home the previous year and she was used to spending a lot of time with me.  She has had to sacrifice a lot for her baby brother and baby sister. 


And, here is my big girl on her last day of pre-school.  Now, I was the one with the tears when I dropped her off.  I don't know how she got big so fast!


Her pre-school graduation ceremony was absolutely precious.  The kids sang some really cute songs complete with hand motions and dancing.  They were adorable!



Brenna with her "diploma" - a super cute devotional Bible especially made for "God's Little Princesses".  She loves it!


Here's her pre-school class singing and dancing.


She is really excited to start "big girl school" in the fall.  She asks about it every time we pass by the school she will attend.  It's on the street to our house, so we pass it several times a day.  I hope she stays excited so she won't have to cry on the first day.  There is no hope for me though.  I know I will be crying after I drop her off.  At least, I have a whole summer before I have to take my baby to kindergarten.

1 comment:

Marcie said...

Congrats to Brenna! What a big (and beautiful!) girl she is!! I can tell how proud you are of her. I bet she will love kindergarten. We had a preschool graduation too but I didn't manage to get any photos. Sometimes I just can't keep up with it all!