Saturday, September 28, 2013

NICU Reunion

We went to the NICU reunion last weekend.  The kids had such a great time.  The first year they had a reunion was just after the twins were discharged from the NICU.  I remember our nurse, Lindsay (pictured below), asking us if we were going to attend.  The kids were discharged in August, and the reunion was in September.  At that time, I wasn't ready to reunite.  I wanted to be home with my babies.  We have attended each year after that first year.  It has really grown in the past few years.  It's like a carnival for preemies!  They have bounce houses, a train, a petting zoo, face painting, cotton candy, sno cones, popcorn, cupcakes, and more! 

Here Cade is with one of our favorite nurses, Lindsay.  She took care of him often when he was a tiny baby on the ventilator.  She made him cute signs for his isolette and cheered for him every step of the way.  


The kids must know that Dr. Breed saved their lives several times.  They actually both smiled and are looking the same way for this picture.  This is unheard of.  I've been waiting 3 1/2 years to get a picture like this with my kids and still don't have one.  I guess if they are going to smile and cooperate in a picture for anyone, it should be for this man!  

We got to see our other amazing doctor, Dr. McCormick.  I know I've said it a bazillion times, but these doctors were the best!  You would think they were dressed up as Disney characters by the line they had to take pictures. 
 

Camdyn liked petting this baby chick.
 

Brenna held a sweet bunny.
 

Cade liked holding the bunny too, but we had to catch the bunny several times from falling.  He isn't the most gentle - poor bunny!

Last week, Brenna had "Community Helper Day" at school.  The kids were asked to dress up like a community helper and tell why they chose that person.  Brenna told me she wanted to be a therapist because she wants to help babies.  I thought that was so sweet.  Several kids dressed up as police and firemen, but she was the only therapist.


No comments: