Friday, July 26, 2013

Country Kids

We live in the suburbs - in a beautiful neighborhood with manicured lawns and shrubs lining the streets.  We do love where we live, but I am so thankful that my kids get to experience the country life too.  I grew up spending the weekends at my grandparents' house checking for eggs, holding baby chicks, playing on hay bales, and taking tractor rides.  My kids get to experience a little of the country life when we go visit my grandparents and when they go back to our hometown to stay with their grandma and grandpa.  They are fascinated by it. 

Here my grandpa is showing the kids the new baby chicks.  They do have a much larger fenced in yard, but this particular momma chick became super protective (much like me when my own chicks were babes) and had to be separated.


Pa letting Brenna hold one of the baby chicks.

 Cade liked petting the chick but didn't want to hold it.  Camdyn didn't even want to get close.


The kids love going to their grandma and grandpa's house too.  One of their favorite things to do is to ride the buggy which means riding out with Grandpa to check on the cows.  At Grandma and Grandpa's, they also play in the sand box out on the deck, drive the little buggy around, and get really dirty!  Grandparents are great for that.  Mommy doesn't much like dirt, so they love going to Grandma and Grandpa's.

This picture was from Father's Day out at Grandma and Grandpa's house.


Brenna posing pretty on the pink tractor.  

We were excited to see this brand new fawn out there back in the spring. 


Brenna's class went on a field trip to a local farm.  Brenna told her friends that she has a cow, and it's name is Moo-y.  I'm certain they thought she was making it up, but it's true.  She owns a cow!  

No comments: