Monday, May 17, 2010

6 weeks old

5/16

We had good news today. Both of their brain ultrasounds came back with no changes which means nothing is getting worse. They won't look cleared up for a long time because it takes time for it to do so. The main thing is that there were no changes. We are so thankful that there were no negative changes. I feel like I can breathe a little better now. It was really hard waiting these two weeks to get these scans again. NICU time is the slowest, most drawn-out time imaginable when you are waiting for test results.

I did get to hold both babies today again. I absolutely love holding them next to me. Now, I am looking forward to the day that I am able to hold both of them at the same time. They probably are too. They haven't seen their twin in 6 weeks. I think they miss each other. I also can't wait until they are able to be put in the same bed together and cuddle up. It is going to be so sweet.

Today, they are 6 weeks old. Cade now weighs 2 lbs. 8 oz., and Camdyn now weighs 1 lb. 14 oz. Cade has now gained 1 whole pound from his birth weight. Camdyn is growing a little more slowly. She only has 2 ounces more though to get to her 2 lb. mark. Hopefully, she'll earn her 2 lb. sign soon.

I have to thank Jennifer for adding the music player to my blog for me. I wanted to put this song on here because I find it very uplifting. They played it in church last Sunday, and I felt like it was being sung for me. It reminded me that God is holding us up "through the storm." It also let me know that this "storm" is not permanent and I have so much to look forward to with the lyrics, "I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on - a glorious light beyond all compare." I hope that you all find it uplifting too, and maybe it will give you some encouragement with whatever "storms" you are facing in your life.

Thank you God for good results on their brain scans today. We thank you that they are doing as well as they are. We thank you for their growth. We ask for you to continue to bless them, heal them, and make them strong. In your name we pray, Amen.

No comments: