Wednesday, May 26, 2010

7 Weeks Old

Cade and Camdyn holding hands for the first time. Camdyn's hand is on top of Cade's hand. Their hands have grown so much. I included pictures of their hands at 1 week old at the end of the post to show how much they have grown.

Here I am finally holding my twins together at 7 weeks old (5/24). It was incredible to hold my 2 little angels at the same time. They are so sweet and precious. I think they enjoyed being together again for the first time since birth. They just cuddled up together right away and looked so content.

Daddy holding Cade for the first time (5/22). I think Cade is going to look like his Daddy.


Here's a close shot of them on my chest. I think they liked being together again after 7 weeks of separation. Look how much hair Cade has (on the left).



They both really like their pacifiers. They're so cute holding their pacifiers right next to each other.


Here they are all cuddled up against me. Cade is on the left in the picture, and Camdyn is on the right. You can see that he is quite a bit bigger than her. I felt like I had so much baby on me, but then I realized that their combined weight was the weight of a single preemie - about 5 lbs.


I just love this picture of my two sweeties.


Camdyn wearing clothes for the first time. The nurse had to look for the smallest preemie outfit they had in the NICU, and it's too big for her.



Cade wearing a preemie sized onesie. It just swallows him. He is getting to be a bigger boy though. He was moved from a size small to a size medium head gear that holds the CPAP mask on. He has also moved from the micro-preemie sized diaper to a preemie-sized diaper. It goes 3/4 of the way up his back though, so he is still growing into his new "big boy" diaper. It's not the one shown in the pictures above.



Camdyn's tiny hand at 1 week old.



Cade's little hand at 1 week old.



Cade has reached the 3 lb. mark! He now weighs 3 lbs. 1 oz. Camdyn now weighs 2 lbs. 6 oz. They are both getting so much bigger. They are doing very well with tolerating their feeds and gaining weight. They are still pretty high on their oxygen needs. Camdyn is usually between 30-40%, and Cade is usually between 45-55%. We are really hoping that they will soon begin to require less oxygen.





The raffle ticket sales are almost over. A winner will be drawn on June 5 (their 2 month birthday). Bridget asked me to remind those selling tickets to turn them into her before June 5. Thanks to all of you who have bought and sold tickets.




Brenna's school ends this week. I am looking for anyone who would like to help watch her on Tues. or Thurs. for a while so I can go to the hospital. I've been going while she was in school. I would need someone to watch her from about 10-2:30. If I have anyone who wants to help out on a particular date, that would be great. If not, I will take her to Wanna Play drop-in childcare for a few hours.




God, we pray for Cade and Camdyn's continued growth. We pray for their lungs to heal and get stronger allowing them to need less assistance breathing. We thank you for each beautiful moment we get to share with them. We pray for them to continue to grow stronger and healthier every day. Amen.













7 comments:

aunt linda said...

Jimmie/Michelle - Camdyn & Cade are adorable. God Bless all of you as you continue on this 'journey'. God has big plans for you. Jeremiah 29:11. Love Aunt Linda

Andreas said...

Michelle, I's be more than happy to have Brenna over to play on a Tuesday or Thursday- Gavin would love the company. Call me to let me know what days would be most helpful. -Liz Guerrero

cbergers said...

I love the pictures of your precious babies. I am praying for you constantly.

Bethany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bethany said...

Michelle, I am so happy to hear everything is going well with the twins. Ryan and I are here if you guys need us for anything. I am almost always here at the house so if Jim needed to drop Brenna off while he is working..just let me know. We're praying for you guys!

Bridget Brandt said...

You all have no idea, they look cute in these photos, but in person they are simply amazing...I have never in my life had the pleasure of loving anything or anyone (yes, even my own babies) as sweet and cute as Cade and Camdyn.

Terina said...

The awesome achievement of these two beautiful, tiny giants is so inspiring. Love and prayers,
Terina