Thursday, May 13, 2010

a great day!

5/13

We have had a great day today! They both are responding very well to the drug. Cade and Camdyn have both been moved to CPAP and are doing great on it. They are both in the 30s on their oxygen. We are thrilled! It finally feels like we are moving in the right direction and making some progress.

I even got to hold Camdyn again today. I was going to let Jimmy because he still hasn't held either of them, but he didn't want to hold her because he had come straight from work. Since we hold them skin to skin, he didn't feel like he was clean enough. Of course, I jumped at the opportunity. It is amazing to hold them. They are just so tiny. I can feel the warmth of their body against me, but I can hardly feel the weight of them. We were able to hear Camdyn make a few noises. We still haven't heard them actually cry yet. I asked the nurse when they would cry, and she said as soon as they realize they can. I can't wait to hear it. For most births, you hear your baby cry a few seconds after they are born. We have been waiting over 5 weeks. This long process does make us treasure every moment and every milestone so much more.

God, we pray for continued progress for Cade and Camdyn. We ask for you to strengthen their lungs, help them grow, keep them free from infection, and allow their brains to develop well. We thank you for guiding their medical team and for allowing them to respond so well to the medicine. In your name we pray, Amen.

No comments: